Effective Date: 01/01/2021
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Josiah Venture UK
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data is data that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the UK General Data Protection Regulation (the UK GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 as amended in 2020.
2. Who are we?
Josiah Venture UK is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Josiah Venture UK complies with its obligations under current Data Protection legislation by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our Constitution;
- To manage and train our employees and volunteers;
- To collect and distribute donations;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid declarations.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services.
- Processing is necessary in order to communicate the receipt of a financial gift to the intended recipient.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law;
- Processing carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:
- the processing relates only to those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes; and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other people within Josiah Venture UK and its associated organisations in order to carry out a service you have requested or for purposes connected with the organisation. This may result in your data being accessed or stored on secure servers in the UK, EU, and USA. Appropriate data sharing agreements are in place to restrict data available and keep it secure. If you are a donor who would prefer your data not to be shared in this way, please contact email@example.com and we will record your donations as anonymous for sharing purposes.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
If you are volunteering with or donating money to the ministry of Josiah Venture UK, we ask for your help in keeping your details up to date. If you cease volunteering or donating, you can choose whether we continue to make you aware of news or not. Once you have let us know you wish it to be removed, we will remove your data within one month, except for employment records, tax and pension records, and gift aid declarations and associated paperwork, which we will retain for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate. Information that refers to Safeguarding we will keep in perpetuity.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the UK GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Josiah Venture UK holds about you;
- The right to request that Josiah Venture UK corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Josiah Venture UK to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:
The Data Controller,
Josiah Venture UK,
27 Glen Shee Avenue,
Neilston G78 3QE
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Josiah Venture UK is a Scottish Charitable Organisation No. SC046846